We are concerned that the gale force winds and torrential rain currently forecast for Friday evening may make it impossible for Father Christmas to sail into the harbour with the RNLI as planned. While we obviously don’t want to disappoint all the children who have been looking forward to his arrival, the safety of Father Christmas, the RNLI crew and everyone waiting on the Wharf is paramount.

A final decision about whether to go ahead with this will be made at lunchtime on Friday and will posted here and on social media so please call back for an update tomorrow.

However, regardless of the weather, Father Christmas will be safely transported to St Ives for the Ice Palace Grotto on Saturday 8 December from 11.30am – 4pm at the Salvation Army Centre.

2018-12-06T12:13:33+00:00December 6th, 2018|Christmas, Cornwall, December, Father Christmas, News, St Ives|0 Comments

About the Author: