Everyone loves St Ives in December. The questions come thick and fast – from August onwards: When will Father Christmas be arriving into the harbour? The kids think it’s wonderful! Is there going to be a Grotto? Where can I watch the Lantern Parade?
It’s fantastic that these festive celebrations bring so much joy to so many. St Ives in December is organised by a small team of locals who spend most of the year planning events and pleading for money to support them. But we need more people to get involved and make it extra special. You don’t actually have to be elves: just enthusiastic about all things Christmas.
On Super Saturday, 2nd December, we’re particularly looking for people to:
- hand out competition forms around town – 1pm – 3pm
- help set up the Grotto and clear it down afterwards – 10am – 1pm/ 8 – 9pm
- help out in the Grotto (definitely elves for this one) – 3pm – 6pm
- guide the parade/ supervise groups in the parade along the route – 5:30pm – 7pm.
- hold lanterns – the Dragon and some medium-sized spare lanterns – 5:30pm – 7pm
- shake collection buckets around the Wharf in the afternoon and along the Parade route – 2pm -3pm/5:30pm – 7pm.
There are dress-up costumes available for all – but it’s not compulsory.
If you can help – even for an hour or so – please get in touch: email@example.com.
If you’re not able to volunteer, then please dig deep and make a donation. You can do it now by simply clicking the DONATE button on the home page. All money raised go towards the events and every pound is gratefully received.