- SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER IS SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES with free parking all day for traffic-free shopping, refreshments and entertainment for all the family:
- Father Christmas will be arriving by boat on the high tide at 3pm with a little help from friends at the RNLI. He’ll be met by the Mayor and led to his Candyland Grotto at the Salvation Army Centre on the Wharf from 3.30 -5.30pm to listen to the wishes and dreams of local children. The St Ives Mermaid will also be there and there’s face painting and lots of fun!
- Get the kids started on our popular Town Treasure Hunt with great fun for all and prizes to be won. Closing date 2 January 2018.
- Or be dazzled by the entries for our highly competitive Shop Window Competition. Who gets your vote for the People’s Award this year?
- Love St Ives – learn a little about the story of the town on our fascinating History & Mystery Walk at 12pm.
- Eat your way round St Ives on our gourmet Food Trail (from 12pm) with great prizes and entertainment in the evening at the Rum & Crab Shack – see our events page for venues.
- Don’t miss Fair Mo, a traditional Christmas gift fair at St Ia’s Church (12 -4pm).
- Drop into the Kidz R Us Bazaar in the St Ives Theatre (5-9pm) for Christmas shopping and a preview of their pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Pop into the Etsy Made Local Christmas Fair at the Guildhall (10am-5pm) with live music and festive food and drink.
- Be part of the magical St Ives Lantern Parade which will wend its way through town at 6pm starting from Market Square, heading along Fore Street to the Wharf.
- From there, Father Christmas will lead the Lantern Parade, accompanied by musicians and street entertainers, through to Royal Square. Listen to the music of the Pheonix Singers as Father Christmas switch on the Christmas Lights at 7pm.
MAKE SURE YOU DON’T MISS SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES!
ON SAT 2ND DECEMBER,THERE WILL BE ROAD CLOSURES ALONG THE WHARF FROM 2.30 -3.30PM AND THEN THROUGHOUT TOWN FROM 5.30 -8.00PM.
THERE WILL BE FREE PARKING ALL DAY IN THE STENNACK CAR PARK AND ALL THE CORNWALL COUNCIL CAR PARKS IN TOWN.