Event Date: 2nd December 2017
Start Time: From 3pm
Contact: St Ives in December
Location: Harbour St Ives
Back by popular demand! On Saturday 2nd December, Father Christmas will be arriving by boat on the high tide at 3pm . Then he’ll be heading to his Grotto in the Salvation Army Centre on the Wharf. From 3.30 -5.30pm he’ll be there (with the St Ives Mermaid) to listen to the wishes and dreams of local children.
But that’s not all – it’s SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES with traffic-free shopping, refreshments and entertainment for all the family:
- Get the kids started on our popular Town Treasure Hunt with great fun for all and prizes to be won. Closing date 2 January 2018.
- Or be dazzled by the entries for our highly competitive Shop Window Competition. Who get’s your vote for the People’s Award this year?
- Love St Ives? Learn a little about the story of the town on our fascinating History & Mystery Walk.
- Eat your way round St Ives on our gourmet Food Trail.
- Don’t miss Fair Mo, a traditional Christmas gift fair at St Ia’s Church.
- Drop into the Kidz R Us Bazaar in the St Ives Theatre for Christmas shopping and a preview of their pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Pop into the Etsy Made Local Christmas Fair at the Guildhall with live music and festive food and drink.
But that’s not all – it’s SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES and St Ives Lantern Parade will wend its way through town at 6pm, heading to the Wharf. From there, Father Christmas will lead the Lantern Parade, accompanied by musicians and street entertainers, through to Royal Square. Listen to the music of the Pheonix Singers as Father Christmas switches on the fabulous new Christmas Lights.
PLEASE NOTE: ON SAT 2ND DECEMBER,THERE WILL BE ROAD CLOSURES ALONG THE WHARF, UP LIFEBOAT HILL, HIGH STREET AND ROYAL SQUARE TIMES TBC.
THERE WILL BE FREE PARKING IN THE STENNACK CAR PARK.