Event Date: 2nd December 2017
Start Time: From 3pm
Contact: St Ives in December
Location: Harbour St Ives
Event Sponsor: Aspects Holidays
Photo by Nick Pumphrey
Back by popular demand! On Saturday 2nd December, Father Christmas will be arriving on the high tide at 3pm with a little help from his friends at the RNLI. He’ll be met by the Mayor who will escort him to his Candyland Grotto in the Salvation Army Centre on the Wharf. From 3.30 -5.30pm he’ll be there (with the St Ives Mermaid) to listen to the wishes and dreams of local children.
But that’s not all – it’s SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES with traffic-free shopping, refreshments and entertainment for all the family:
- Get the kids started on our popular Town Treasure Hunt with great fun for all and prizes to be won. Closing date 2 January 2018.
- Or be dazzled by the entries for our highly competitive Shop Window Competition. Who get’s your vote for the People’s Award this year?
- Love St Ives? Learn a little about the story of the town on our fascinating History & Mystery Walk.
- Eat your way round St Ives on our gourmet Food Trail.
- Don’t miss Fair Mo, a traditional Christmas gift fair at St Ia’s Church.
- Drop into the Kidz R Us Bazaar in the St Ives Theatre for Christmas shopping and a preview of their pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Pop into the Etsy Made Local Christmas Fair at the Guildhall with live music and festive food and drink.
But that’s not all – it’s SUPER SATURDAY IN ST IVES and St Ives Lantern Parade will wend its way through town at 6pm, starting from Market Square. Led by the Samba Band and our very own Shanty Baba, the parade will head along Fore Street, then down the Slipway onto the Wharf to the Salvation Army Centre to collect Father Christmas. He will then lead the parade, accompanied by musicians and street entertainers, up to Market Square, High Street and Tregenna Place into Royal Square. The Pheonix Singers will be there to serenade the crowds with carols and festive songs, followed by the official Christmas Lights Switch-on by Father Christmas and the Deputy Mayor at 7pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ON SAT 2ND DECEMBER,THERE WILL BE ROAD CLOSURES ALONG THE WHARF FROM 2.30 -3.30PM
AND THEN THROUGHOUT TOWN FROM 5.30 -8.00PM.
THERE WILL BE FREE PARKING ALL DAY IN THE STENNACK CAR PARK AND ALL THE CORNWALL COUNCIL CAR PARKS IN TOWN.
Kindly sponsored by